Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
1981 Puma GTI 4 SaleE in Toronto Canada
,i have an 1981GTI 90,000kms,that runs great,needs a little cosmetic work,minor body,and paint.other wise the car is in good mechanical condition,asking.$2,500.O.B.O, ive owned it since 1994.if u are interested,u may contact me gunlord@hotmail.com
Views: 782   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 1:08pm
by fred
Used carpeting set?
Anyone keep their old carpeting? I need a set to make a pattern. Best regards, Jim
Views: 677   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 5:51am
by Alan d'Escragnol...
caburator solex 40
i need someone to help me with the components of my two solex 40. my engine is an air cooled 1800cc and has a engle w 110 and 40 and 36 admission a exhaust valves, thank you for rour help
Views: 722   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 6:09am
by joao santiago
Center console?
Anyone have an extra center console? This was missing on my Puma (along with most everything else!) Best regards, Jim
Views: 728   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 29, 2008 5:26am
by Gambini Alex
s
Sandro
Puma clip from Brazil
At friends Pumeiros I made a clip and that is hosted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ssmarca I think that you want to see him. Greetings, Sandro.
Views: 733   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 16, 2008 4:45pm
by Jamie
j
Jamie
Merry Christmas
Hi All I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all. Thanks for any and all the help in the past and future. And let use all keep our Pumas alive. Merry Christmas Jamie
Views: 707   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 12:27pm
by Archie Paice
Happy Thanksgiving!
Maybe by next Thanksgiving my Puma will on the road. That would be something to be thankful for!
Views: 613   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 1, 2008 3:54am
by Jim Schield
j
Jesse
For Sale: Vent window rubber gaskets GTI/GTE
Hi all, I'm still finding parts in my garage I never installed on my Puma GTI. I just found the set of vent window rubber window gaskets I bought from Purring Pumas ahwiule back. These are the rubber pieces that hold the fixed triangle-shaped door vent window. I'm...
Views: 548   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 8:31pm
by Jesse
Rear Seats?
This may be a stupid question, but here goes: I am looking at a Puma that needs quite a bit of restoration. I'm thinking that I would like to have a small jump seat in the rear for occasional use by my 8-year-old. Is this possible? Puma's are very unique and I'm g...
Views: 716   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 8:27pm
by Jesse
l
Lars
WTB early PUMA GT or GTE
Looking for a early PUMA GT or GTE. Driveable condition would be nice but not necessary. Anyone know of one for sale? Thanks!
Views: 683   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2008 6:57pm
by '81 PUMA GTI 4 S...
j
Jamie
Resister?
Hi All Has anyone seen a flat plate with two wires coming off it connected to a resister of some kind.I don't know what or if it was connected to anything. It was to the left of the steering column up under the dash. I can email a pic to anyone that needs to see...
Views: 792   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 7:35pm
by David Riedle
hey!
Hey everyone! I am new to the forums, as i just purchased a 1981 GTI. The car is all there, but needs work and i look forward to getting it on the road. Larry Puffer told me about this site so i figured id post and say hello. I am also wondering ifanyone can tell me...
Views: 689   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 9:15am
by David Riedle
j
Jamie
Bob Sparks?
Anyone know anything about Bob Sparks? Is this guy for real, I heard he owns 12 Puma.Is he still around? Jamie
Views: 667   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 7:49am
by Larry Puffer
m
mike
need puma parts
hi all just bougtt a puma 1981 gti im looking to buy all rubbers and seals for all windows doors and hatches also wondering if i can buy headlight clear covers with chrome rings id also like to buy a front spoiler id buy any gti parts i can find in...
Views: 719   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 6:14pm
by Brandon Nelson
watercooled engine
how uncommon is it to change the original engine in a puma with a watercooled engine with a radiator in front? I bought one in bad condition and i am trying to source original parts as far as i can, but replacing the engine will cost 3 times more than i paid for the...
Views: 582   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 9, 2008 9:48am
by Jesse
l
Larry
Ontario Canada Cruise
Guys anyone headed to the end of summer cruise put on by Tuned Perfection Sunday October 5th, from Burlington to lake Belwood by Fergus. My wife and are planning to attend, hope the weather holds out, I would love to meet up with any other Puma people.. Regards L...
Views: 592   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 7, 2008 5:28pm
by Larry Puffer
Genuine VW valve covers for sale $18.00 shipped Priority Mail
Hey everyone. I have an extra set of unused genuine VW Type 1 valve covers for sale for only $18.00 shipped via USPS Priority Mail anywhere in the US. No bales. Stop oil leaks caused by poor quality chrome valve covers, and reduce engine temps with these brand-...
Views: 527   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2008 7:53pm
by David Riedle
l
Lesko
For Sale is 1981 Puma GTC Convertible
Hello Puma Owners, 1 OF 25 IMPORTED TO ONTARIO, CANADA (NOT KIT CAR). Car is in Canada, Ontario, Toronto Puma is all original. Everything matching numbers. Car is in running condition. VW factory rebuilt engine 149k. Last year original Puma clutch in. Need...
Views: 935   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 8:11am
by Lesko
Free seat frames to a good home
Thanks to a kind Forum member, I was able to replace the frames on my 77 front seats. If you can use my old ones, I will give them to you if you pay the freight (UPS or US mail). Both bottoms need the springs replaced. I have extra replacement springs you can hav...
Views: 556   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2008 5:40pm
by Jim Schield
j
johnny
?!!!??!?!?!!? IMPORTANT FORSALE ?!?!?!?!!?
i have a puma gti 1980 forsale please contact me if u are interested i have pictures only 9k on it
Views: 670   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 1:46am
by johnny
l
Larry
Puma Wheels
Guys have a look at these great deal. http://london.kijiji.ca:80/c-cars-vehicles-tires-rims-5-14-Scorro-Rims-with-2-Tires-W0QQAdIdZ62272559
Views: 673   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 1:28pm
by Larry
Looking for dash knob for 81 GTC
Hey everybody...I'm looking for an undamaged vent knob for my 1981 GTC. Anyone have an extra one? Please email me if you have one you can get rid of. Dave Riedle
Views: 542   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2008 7:42pm
by David Riedle
h
holt
83 GTC - what's a reasonable price?
I'm totally new to Pumas. Very interesting car. Saw one for sale locally and I'm having a hard time finding pricing guidelines for these. I haven't driven it yet but it looks nice. Called the owner and he said that it runs well. Can anyone help with some info please?
Views: 734   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2008 4:17pm
by Jim Schield
puma engine tin for doghouse short fan shroud
im looking for the rear engine tin behind the fan shroud. it has a round tube that connects to the fan shroud with a boot. i also need the boot.
Views: 608   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 29, 2008 4:13pm
by Jim Schield
Parts car on Ebay
I talked to folks with the burned Puma on eBay. The car is missing many of the parts I need, but most of all, the freight to get it to the Metro Chicago area is over $1,000, plus the price of the car. To rich for me right now. The shipping companies charge extra f...
Views: 585   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2008 3:50pm
by Jim Schield
Vw day Ontario Canada
Anyone intrested in going to a cruise to Brantford Ontario VW dealership for a show in September, it's 9:00 to 3:00 any type of VWs. I was contacted to ask any and all Puma owners if they would like to attend. Let me know... Regards Larry.....
Views: 527   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2008 4:28pm
by Jamie
Master Cly
Hi Guys, I am looking for a replacement master cly for a 1981 Puma GTI. Anyone know what was used or what will fit. Mine was changed sometime ago and it appears to be from a superbeetle also the pushrod from the pedal has been modifed. Anyone know the overall lenght...
Views: 588   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 16, 2008 6:38pm
by Larry Puffer
j
Jamie
Window Regulator
Has anyone tried to change the window regulator set up? I have a couple of different regulators and I am having difficulty getting them to function. I can't seem to find one that comes close to what I need for my 81 GTI.
Views: 598   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 13, 2008 3:36pm
by David Riedle
Anyone have a drivers side seat?
The condition of the cover doesn't really matter. I am going to have it re-covered anyway. My drivers side base is so rusty that I don't think I can save it. Jim Schield Naperville, IL
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2008 8:01am
by Jim Schield
Late model Puma on eBay
Hey everyone: There is a late model S2 Puma on eBay. I suspect it is the one that has been offered for a year or so by various folks, but it is, in fact, a very rare car. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___STUNNING-VERY-RARE-PUMA-SPY...
Views: 672   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2008 10:18am
by David Riedle
j
Jamie
Wiring Harness ?
Hi All I am going to order a new wiring harness but I am not sure of the year to order that would come close to matching the column switches and other items in my 1981 Puma GTI ? Any Help Would Be Great Happy Fathers Day Jamie
Views: 618   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 18, 2008 7:17pm
by Larry Puffer
j
Jamie
Shifter
Hi Agian This is going to sound dum but I can,t seem to get my shifter nob off the shaft. I need to replace the rubber boot, not sure witch way to turn the nob it seems to be really tight?? Thanks In Advance Shifter Dummy
Views: 577   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2008 5:25pm
by Jamie
Searching for my Canadian 1981 Puma GT
If anyone has seen or knows where to find my 1981 Puma GT sunroof coupe serial # GT1BSP10220283, please contact me at rolfm1@hotmail.com or (805)680-6961 I had sold it to a fellow whose last name is Tatta in Montreal, Canada. This was back in 1991. I would like to...
Views: 732   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2008 9:59am
by Rolf Muehleisen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Free Forum powered by Bravenet