Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Powe window motor for Puma GTI

I have a 1981 GTI that was imported into Canada.

I need a power window motor......does any one know where I can find one and how much do they usually cost.

Re: Powe window motor for Puma GTI

John, I also have a car with a broken power window motor on one side, the otherside was converted to crank because parts are virtually impossible to find. I'm looking at converting the other one as well so they both match. I called Purring Pumas and they said they can't get the motor either because this was a Canada only thing and no replacement parts are or were ever made. The other option you have is to install an aftermarket motor, they can be pricey, around $200 each US. Just google, power window kit. Hope this helps,Gerry

Re: Powe window motor for Puma GTI

Hey guys,

If you take a couple of pictures of your window assemblies I maybe able to help.... On my '81 GTC, I modified the motor retaining bracket(welded and relocated) so that the bushing and gears line up with a ford tempo/topaz window motor(get 'em cheap at the scrap yard) and they work in a flawless manner. I also got ford focus window switches, which have the same greenish backlight as the dash gauges in the puma and the best part is that you can use the same wire harness that came in the puma(splicing wires is required)

Hope I've helped, Roberto

Re: Power window motor for Puma GTI

John, where are you located? I'm working on finding one for myself as well, I have a line on a guy who says he has 2 of them, he is asking $250 each, I'm offering him $200. These are new never been used before, so I think it's worth the price.

Re: Power window motor for Puma GTI

Hello I'm a puma owner, my car not finished yet, and the live in Peterborough On Canada. My car is the base model I ran into an original owner in Lindsay not far from where I live. His car had the option package which includes power windows leather seats and a factory sunroof. I didn't know this package was only available in Canada. That is great information thanks to you and Purring Pumas.

Thank you

Jamie