Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Puma gti pan

Hi Al, I used Ghia pans for my 81 GTI they did require a lot of cutting and fitting to make them look factory. Have a look at the link below on the photo page and you will see the before and after shots.
http://www.pumagti.freeservers.com/index.html

Regards Larry

The Puma's used pans from the Brasilia (also made in Brazil) during that period. They are kind of like Karmen Ghia pans, but not really! The pictures show what you can do if you are very good at welding. If not, try Purring Pumas. They will be pricey. A number of sites sell Karmenn Ghia parts, including www.karmennghia.com. although anything can be done, I wouldn't try to usae bug pans. They are too different.
Best regards,
Jim

Don't be afraid to create your own pans if needed, as long as you aren't after originality.

Mine were not good, previous poor repair, and I needed more head room. So I made my own from 16ga steel, and lowered the floor 3" in the process. It was a bit of doing but turned out pretty good.

Be prepared to insulate them though, flat un-creased pans are quite noisey.