Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Speedometer Cable

Thanks Jim, by chance have you messed with this problem yet? Do you get it from under the dash or do you have to take the gas tank out to get at it ?

You should be able to get at it under the dash to remove it from the speedo. There is (or should be) a clip holding on the cable on the driver's side front spindle. Pull it out from inside the car.
Best regards,
Jim

CIP1 on their web site gives you the length of bug/ghia and type 3 speedo cables. Once you have yours out and measure it you will know which one to order.
Best regards,
Jim

Jim:

I have the same issue here. Can you take the actual cable out of the case and just replace that? I have done that a couple of times, and it always seemed to work.

Dave Riedle

Hi Jim, sorry it's been so late getting back at you about the speedo cable as it turned out it was stretched out and broken where it enters the spindle so when I measured it out it was like over 100 inches, after all said and done ordering the wrong cables it came out to be the one piece replacement cable from a super beetle. So thanks for all the help and advise I sure need it !! Doug in WI.