Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Body off restoration

Paul Donaghy
I just acquired a 1981 GTC which requires a full body off restoration. I am currently stripping all items from the body as it will be media blasted.
Once it is stripped bare the body will come off of the pan.
I am curious if others that have done pan replacement used a Brasilia pan or modified the easier to get Karmann Ghia pan?

You can use a Ghia pan since they are easier to come by, but it will require some metalwork to make it fit. That being said, even a Brasilia pan will require shortening by about 10" or so. There are some members on my forum at www.pumagte.com that have done this work so it may be worth the time to look there and ask some questions. In addition, I have links to these people's sites which can put you in direct contact with them for techniques and war stories. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for the info Brandon. The metalwork is not a problem so I will probably opt for the Ghia pans. I was just about to register at your site but I am running short on time today. You will here from me within days however.

Paul

Paul Donaghy
Thanks for the info Brandon. The metalwork is not a problem so I will probably opt for the Ghia pans. I was just about to register at your site but I am running short on time today. You will here from me within days however.

Paul

Sounds good Paul. Be sure and drop me an e-mail once you register so that I can activate your account. I have to do it that way to keep the spammers at bay.

Cheers,

Brandon

you can replace the floors with out doing a complet body off.see www.mypuma.bizhosting.com. I made mine from galvinized steel. check it out