Northwest Civil War Council Forum

Welcome to the NCWC web forum. Please feel free to post a message, whether you are a member of the NCWC, interested in joining or just have a question about our club.
IMPORTANT: Please read the Rules for Using the NCWC Online Forum, which was adopted by the NCWC Board in March, 2011.

Northwest Civil War Council Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need new poles for my fly.

Looking for someone handy who can make new side poles for my fly. I think about 8 - 6' poles.
My e-mail is paltotlady@yahoo.com Thanks in advance.

Re: I need new poles for my fly.

Heya Royann,

The girls and I made some poles last year, using lengths of 2" chair rail which we bought from Home Depot/Lowes. I cut them to the appropriate length (for my 7x9 wedge it was 7 ft poles, and I had the Home Depot guys cut them for me before I even left the store), drilled a small pilot hole in the top of each and then hammered in a 10 penny nail in lieu of a pin. For the ridge pole, I waited until I was setting up the tent (which meant I had some help) before drilling the holes in the ends of the ridge pole. I just brought my cordless drill to the event. Super duper easy. If you decide to go this route, let me know and I can bring my cordless drill to the next event and help you out.

Mich/Mel/Molly -

Re: I need new poles for my fly.

Thanks Mel! My son can help me with that. Good tip!