Northwest Civil War Council Forum

Welcome to the NCWC web forum. Please feel free to post a message, whether you are a member of the NCWC, interested in joining or just have a question about our club.
IMPORTANT: Please read the Rules for Using the NCWC Online Forum, which was adopted by the NCWC Board in March, 2011.

Northwest Civil War Council Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re-enactment music

Hi All, I am new to this. My wife and I are musicians in the Corvallis area and we are interested in historical music from the 19th century. We are developing material for 2 Pioneer Museum gigs in 2020 (Brownsville) and a Christmas gig at Montheith House (Albany). As you may know, this develops over time (as funds and time allow). We are working up repertoire and acquiring period instruments and costumes. I have a music degree and my wife is also classically-trained, but we enjoy Americana and folk music. We have a portable pump organ and a 19th c. banjo, which we can play. We are working on period guitar and mandolin--which we can already play but are working on acquiring appropriate instruments.

Is there a place for us in Civil War reenactment? Perhaps you have so many musicians that we should focus elsewhere, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

--Matt

Re: Re-enactment music

Yes Yes Yes Yes!

It seems as though we are always looking for musicians to join us - particularly for the dances.
The best person to speak to in our group is called John Feller. If you email me privately I can connect you with him and from there, he can connect yo with who ever else can aid you.

My email address is mpe.art.studio@gmail.com

Best regards,

Michelle