Northwest Civil War Council Forum

Welcome to the NCWC web forum. Please feel free to post a message, whether you are a member of the NCWC, interested in joining or just have a question about our club.
IMPORTANT: Please read the Rules for Using the NCWC Online Forum, which was adopted by the NCWC Board in March, 2011.

Forum: Northwest Civil War Council Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
chehalis river

Chehalis River event is new to me can anybody provide directions? thank you.Private Munoz 116thPVI Huzza

Re: chehalis river

Up I-5 to Chehalis WA about exit 76 - 78 ? some place in that area. It should be good area. I am really looking foward to this event!!! Kind of a Home Comming for me!.

Email  

Heading north take exit 77
Turn left(cross I-5)onto State Route 6 W/Washington 6 W
Take the 1st left onto SW Riverside Dr
Slight left onto SW Newaukum Ave

Two of the sponsors are

Veterans Memorial Museum‎
100 SW Veterans Way Chehalis, WA 98532-1100
http://www.veteransmuseum.org/
Big American flag flying

Chehalis-Centralia Railroad‎ (steam train rides)
1101 Southwest Sylvenus Street Chehalis, WA 98532
http://www.steamtrainride.com/index.php
big steam engines

Both are visible from I-5 and you are pretty much there, once you turn on to SW Riverside Dr

To get to the event site you will need to drive down SW Newaukum Ave which turns in to Shorley Rd and and work you way down the RR tracks a couple miles, not sure exactly how far but I have been there many times. It is only about 5 or 10 minutes farther

The roads zig zags back and forth across the tracks and the steam train will be at the one end of the field.

THANK YOU CRAIG FOR THE INFO SEE YOU THERE HUZZA  

This will be a great event, I am so excited for this one. The site is in a quiet farming area, but not very far off of the highway.
I drove past the site today and it is beautiful. It is a 75 acr. farm.
They have other event's there such as the SCA so they are use to these kind of event's. Also, you will be glad to know it is a very good area as far as no crime element that I know of.
This is the perfect site for a Washington/Oregon joint event.
Looking forward to seeing all my Oregon friend's.
Sharron Lawler, Member of the Washington Fife and Drum Corp

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com