Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FORTUNE: ROMANCE!

Most foolish of detectives is one who is most ignorant of Chan Family Page features...i have long way to go even to scale height or tunnel depth of mountain of knowledge, and as irony is not lost on trainee detective that such progress as i make is by following a mouse i am grateful my mouse pays attention to Rush.
.....What resources abound in the work in progress that is Charlie Chan's digital home! My civic heart beat faster to know that in 1935 CC did not flinch from politics (see Pennsylvania Referendum, folks). I've skimmed the truly impressive archive of Chan comic strips, and the pennies i've saved by using Lux Flakes in my car and Signal Gasoline on washdays are piling up toward the complete remastered DVDs i dream of and the Chan Hat i with which i intend to cover my bald spot as i watch them. The recent addition of the 1972 animated series is another reason to Watch This Space. Now i see this week's post from Rush is object LOVE, and i am animated. Turn your attention that way, friends, and try not to blush!
.....Are the panels in pink for atmosphere, i wonder, or were they published that way? A master stroke, whether by fate or editor. Anyone who's been in love one---two---three---forty---times must feel for Lee Chan and wonder what--and who---will happen next. So often we don't realize what we already have, and i thank Rush for reminding me not to let there be a week without a look.
.....To Rush and everyone else who contributes to the block of knowledge greater than finest jade that makes these megabytes, my repeated thanks. I hope someday to know what you know, but will never know how you do what you do.
.....When Charlie speaks for China Bonds in the strip, he's talking to us all. My family had already put up a half dollar, between us, counting the dime my nephew will put in when he gets paid next month; but after what Shirley Temple said to Louella Parsons we're not seeing any more Shirley movies. We hope every family will match our 60 cents. If we don't all pull together the Chinese will be speaking Japanese, the Bronx will speak German and the World Series will be in Tokyo or Berlin. No way, Jose! Pitch that nickel you're not using all the way to China, for Charlie's sake!