Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does anyone know the radio show order? Need help for Father's Birthday gift.

Hello, Poppie!

It's great to hear that your father is a big Charlie Chan fan! I believe that having some of the radio shows to listen to will be a real treat for him! Now, as for obtaining them in a chronological format, I can say that I have yet to come across something like that. Most. if not all sellers, have them loosely grouped usually by the production source or the actor(s) involved, or both.

There is a seller listed at our site's "Charlie Chan Links" section:

https://www.otrcat.com/p/charlie-chan

This would be a good start. An Internet search will lead you to others. Check out eBay, too!

We are presently listening to one episode per week of the 1936 Charlie Chan radio drama "The Landini Murder Case each Monday evening at the beginning of our weekly chat session. If you would like to listen to some of these, please go to our "Calendar" where you can click on the link for each presentation.

I hope that this helps you!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Does anyone know the radio show order? Need help for Father's Birthday gift.

Poppie, like what Rush said a very nice gift for your father. I would like to point out one source of the dates. In the links that Rush sends out Sundays for the site, Old time Radio, it usually takes you to a specific broadcast. However, if you click above on the "Charlie Chan" hyperlink it will take you to the main list of all 52 Chan broadcasts (Here: https://www.oldtimeradiodownloads.com/crime/charlie-chan). There are 3 pages. Notice, the first column reads "Broadcast date!" While the first page shows no dates, the 2d and 3d pages do show broadcast dates for the majority of the episodes. Hope that helps and Happy Birthday to Dad! Lou

"It is always darkest underneath the lamp" (Charlie Chan, Behind that Curtain, 1928, Chapter 19)

I just want to say thank you very much to both Rush and Lou! Your comments have made my Birthday gift much easier. I have no doubt that he will love the radio shows, and through him I will become a fan through him. Once again thank you very much!