Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Favorite Oland/Toler/Winters clips

Dear Len,

If you are looking for three short clips to show some of the "essence": of Charlie Chan, here are three that might prove worthy.

Warner Oland: Perhaps the family at breakfast scene in "The Black Camel." Here we see Chan with his family in the earliest available film in the series. We see him reacting to his kids in a very human way. If you continue on, you could include the ride with assistant Kashimo to police headquarters.

Sidney Toler: I will choose, from "Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum," the table scene at Dr. Cream's crime museum. This shows Chan in an atmospheric location with the sounds of thunder in the background as all participants witness, during a live radio broadcast, a murder! VERY Charlie Chan!

Roland Winters: For winters, I suggest the scene toward the conclusion of "Docks of New Orleans," where Charlie Chan has been taken captive in his own residence and where he tricks the gang into thinking that poison gas has been released, dooming them all to a painful death.

Of course, there are many other possibilities, and these are just three that came to mind for me. I hope that this will help you, at least as something of a "starter."

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Favorite Oland/Toler/Winters clips

TYSM --- to say the least!