Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Broken promise, like breakfast, sometimes leave egg on humble webmaster's face"

Dear Lou,

With egg humbly wiped from my blushing face, our Charlie Chan Sunday Comics have reappeared "mysteriously" for viewing. The relentless flow of life's routine can, at times, be very hypnotic, making the turn of the calendar a blur at times! Thank you so much, and please accept my deepest apology...(bowing)...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: "Broken promise, like breakfast, sometimes leave egg on humble webmaster's face"

Dear Rush, "thank you so much." (bowing lower...)

What a GREAT episode to begin the Sunday Comics! It has a semblance of "Charlie Chan Carries On" to it, no? Poor Charlie enjoying life on his HNL hammock has no idea what is headed his way! Honorable webmaster once again brings peace to all his subjects.

"The dark clouds pass, the blue heavens abide" (C.C., Behind That Curtain, 1928, Chapter 8)

Lou

Dear Lou,

Our Chan Sunday Comics are off and running! We see that the characters of charlie Chan and Number One Son, Lee were patterned directly from Warner Oland and Keye Luke. Shortly, we will see how young Barry Chan was probably based on Layne Tom, Jr.

Please enjoy, as we have 3 1/2 years of Sundays ahead of us!

Sincerely,
Rush

Rush, catching up on my Sunday Comics and I must agree...Barry Chan in the Nov 13, 1938 edition is the spitting image of Layne Tom Jr.! And where was he at supper time?

Lee: "Probably eatin' th' plaster off th' side of th' house again, Pop"!!!!