Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan in Middle Europe

Dear Atan,

THANK YOU for sharing this information about Charlie Chan's popularity in Europe, mainly Germany and Austria! It is very evident that Charlie Chan was popular in many other countries in Europe and throughout the world as can be evidenced by the existence of film posters and other items produced in the past. The films were also VERY popular in Charlie Chan's homeland, China! When Warner Oland visited that nation in 1937, he was welcomed as a fellow Chinese.

Again, thank you, and I will take a look at the links that you included in your message.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Atan, das ist interesant! Meine Deutsche is nicht so gut, aber ich sprecke es gern. And with that I'll stop. As Rush said it is good to see that Charlie is alive and well in Europa. Interestingly, as Rush mentioned, the Chinese not only like Charlie Chan so much, they actually produced around 5 or 6 films staring Chinese actor Ziyuan Xu as Charlie Chan. You can read about them on Rush's site under the "Other Charlie Chan Films" link: http://www.allscore.de/hoerspiele/charlie-chan .

Wouldn't it be awesome to watch a German language version of one of the films, one Monday evening! Or perhaps watch one of the Chinese films, with their main Chan actor, Ziyuan Xu!

I enjoy watching DeutcheWelle on a station here. And on MHz Worldview, we get shows like "Tatort," and "Maigret" in German and French with English subtitles. Very cool!

OK, eine schone abend haben,

Lou
Cleveland Ohio

To watch a chinese Chan movie would be great!
Although it sure looks not as familiar as a lost Chan would be ;-)

Lou, "Tatort" is the sunday evening tv favorite here for more than 40 years. Some teams are very funny.

I heard, the audio drama series will continue next year. Cool.