Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This Week: "Eran Trece"..."There Were Thirteen"...Monday Evening, January 8!

Rush, in a somewhat related issue, I remember a discussion years ago on the "Charlie Chan Message Board" about a Mexican-made Chan film. This movie is also in Spanish dialogue, and is apparently not "lost". Someone claimed to have seen it on a South American TV station in the past. Do you know anything about this film?

Re: This Week: "Eran Trece"..."There Were Thirteen"...Monday Evening, January 8!

Dear John,

First, I apologize for the delay in desponding, as I missed your post.

There are two other Spanish language films based on Charlie Chan that I know of, and the information, at least what is available, can be seen at our "Other Charlie Chan Films" section at out site.

The first was a Cuban-made movie, "La Serpiente Roja" ("The Red Serpent") from 1937 with a "cousin" of Charlie Chan, Li Chan Po. You can see a trailer for this film at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7sjw8ApPGxhaFNwdExQdFMyUUk/view

The other is the Mexican production, "El Monstruo en la Sombra" ("The Monster in the Shadows") from 1955.

I hope that this helps!

Take care, and thank you...

Sincerely,
Rush