Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TCM: Sun, March 4th, 8PM (EST): Warner Oland & Anna Mae Wong, Daughter of the Dragon

Sunday, March 4th, TCM will feature Anna Mae Wong, including films with Warner Oland and Lon Chaney Jr.! Here's the listing below,and here's the TCM bio on the star:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1383846%7C0/Starring-Anna-May-Wong-3-4.html

SUNDAY SCHEDULE:
8:00 PM: DAUGHTER OF THE DRAGON (1931)
A Chinese princess gets caught between the ruthless warlord Fu Manchu and a handsome secret agent.
Dir: Lloyd Corrigan Cast: Anna May Wong, Warner Oland, Sessue Hayakawa.
BW- 70 mins

9:30 PM: SHANGHAI EXPRESS (1932)
A beautiful temptress re-kindles an old romance while trying to escape her past during a tension-packed train journey.
Dir: Josef von Sternberg Cast: Marlene Dietrich, Clive Brook, Anna May Wong.
BW- 82 mins

11:00 PM: PICCADILLY (1929)
In this silent film, the dancers at a London nightclub get wrapped up in jealousy and murder.
Dir: E.A. Dupont Cast: Gilda Gray, Anna May Wong, Jameson Thomas.
BW- 109 mins

1:00 AM: MR. WU (1927)
In this silent film, a Chinese patriarch goes mad when his daughter falls for an Englishman.
Dir: William Nigh Cast: Lon Chaney, Louise Dresser, Renée Adorée.
BW- 91 mins

Re: TCM: Sun, March 4th, 8PM (EST): Warner Oland & Anna Mae Wong, Daughter of the Dragon

Warner Oland has a major role in Shanghai Express

Re: TCM: Sun, March 4th, 8PM (EST): Warner Oland & Anna Mae Wong, Daughter of the Dragon

Paul, I watched the film and I find that you are absolutely correct! I don't understand why the TCM schedule didn't list Oland on their limited cast listing for Shanghai Express. He plays a very big part, and his acting is much better (in my humble opinion) than in "Daughter of the Dragon." TXS. Lou.