Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How good a detective are you? (Charlie Chan Sunday Comics)

OK, I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone (too badly). However, the "BLOOPER" I had in mind is that in cartoon panel No 9 (the second from last) Charlie is completely white--like a Ghost. In all the other panels his face is colored in with a skin tone. However, in that panel he is the only one completely white and stands out.

When I saw this cartoon I immediately thought of the Left Coast Crime Clubs events in Honolulu (2017) and Waikoloa (2009). Earl Derr Biggers was their "Ghost of Honor" at both events.

That's the end of this mystery. If you want to see the panel again, you can get to it via the same link, "Charlie Chan Sunday Comics." From inside, just click on the "Charlie Chan Sunday Comics Archive" link.

Thanks for all your interest. I hope everyone enjoys the Sunday comics as much as I do. I think I know the answer to Rush's question on this Sunday's comic (but that's an easy one :). Lou