Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Virginia: Doing Dandily in Dallas!

Dear Charlie Chan Family Members and Friends,

"Great happiness follows great pain." (Charlie Chan [through Eve Cairo] - "Charlie Chan at Treasure Island")

It was with great happiness...and relief...that I received, yesterday, a letter from our "Old Movie Maven" Virginia J! It had been more than a month since last hearing from her. With her phone having been discontinued and not hearing anything from her I admit I considered the worst as a very real probability. She now has a new phone number and I left a message for her. Hopefully she will call me back sometime today. If anyone would like to give her a call, please email charliechanfamily@lykos.com and I will provide you with her new number.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Our Virginia: Doing Dandily in Dallas!

Dear Rush,
Thank you so very much for the update in regards to Virginia! When you are able to talk with her, please send our best and that we miss her!
What a HUGE sigh of relief! :sweat_smile:
Sincerely,
Matt

Rush,
Do give her our best regards and hopes that she might join us again some Monday evening. I recall her as one of the genuinely gracious and welcoming participants... not to mention one of our most knowledgeable.
Len

Virginia is universally beloved going back almost probably twenty years when Kurt Schmidt started the CCMB.

Rush, please give my best regards to Virginia. I haven't corresponded with her in a while, but I'm glad to hear that all is well.

Speaking of old friends, has anyone heard from Steve Rhodes, who used to live in Melbourne, Australia, but relocated to Beijing? He and I had some correspondence a few years ago, but have since lost touch.

Wishing Virginia the very best !!!

Hawaii_Steve