Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday night Charlie Chan movies on W16DO in Cleveland/Akron, Ohio!

Last weekend, in our local Sunday paper (May 13th), The Cleveland Plain Dealer, I was presently surprised to see a 10PM movie listing for "Charlie Chan at the Olympics('37)" on local station, Channel 16, W16DO: TV/Passport (a low-power Class A television station serving the Akron/Cleveland, Ohio markets, with retro TV).

Now, again, this Sunday at 10PM, Channel 16, is "Charlie Chan at Monte Carlo('37)"!

This station's schedule shows "Paid Programming" for the first half of the day, then followed by programs like "The Adventures of Kit Carson," "Flash Gordon," "Buck Rogers," "Doctor Who," "The Lone Ranger (TV Series)," "One Step Beyond," and "Shotgun Slade."

It's nice to see the Chan movies being show: just wanted to share. Seems there's been a lot of Charlie Chan action this year? Other stations showing the films (TCM); 2 new books out; Warren Ohio library's month-long March event under their "One Book/One Community" program for "The House Without a Key"; and a "literary Landmark" commemorating Earl Derr Biggers by The American Libraries Association.

Ya know, that's a lot of action on our favorite detective in a year. Maybe we should consider doing something in 2019, as a group, to keep things rolling?

TXS, Lou

Re: Sunday night Charlie Chan movies on W16DO in Cleveland/Akron, Ohio!

Dear Lou,

This is very good news! It is ALWAYS nice to learn of a television station or network, no mater how obscure, showing Charlie Chan films! Please keep us posted on this, and, if you come across any future listings regarding these showings, please let us know and the word can be passed along!

I took a look at their Web site which can be found at this address: https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/retro-tv-w16dod-cleveland-oh/16768 Lots of FUN stuff to be seen there, including what looks to be an all-too-rare local TV horror host!

Very good, and thank you again!

Sincerely,
Rush

Rush, thank you. Looking ahead to this Sunday I didn't see another Chan film. However, that could change (i.e. programming change/update). So like a good detective I'll keep a "private eye" out for any updates or showings down the road! Lou

"Patience are a very lonely virtue" (C.C. The Chinese Parrot, 1926, Chapter 12)

Nice find Lou. Keep up the good work.

Hawaii_Steve