Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Congratulations of 2018 Newsletter !!!

Dear Lou,

At our Monday Evening Chat "The Charlie Chan Family Newsletter" was one of our high points during our ongoing discussion. The hard work that you put into this beautiful production is greatly appreciated: your compiling of the various contributed articles, your editing, formatting, and final production and publishing of the final product has been a joy to behold!

Thank you so much, sir!

Sincerely,

Rush

Re: Congratulations of 2018 Newsletter !!!

Dear Chan Family Home friends, thank you all for the Kudos. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't shout a sincere "Thank You So Much" to the contributors: Virginia Johnson, Len Freeman, Steve Fredrick, Rush Glick, and those who participate on the "Message Board," which inspired many of my thoughts on articles. Without your input, it would not have been possible.

Thank you to Len Freeman, as we bantered back and forth on what we could and could not say. Thanks to Steve Fredrick for starting a list of Chan 'featurettes' and editing the lead-in to that article. And Virgina's thoughts on the supporting cast of the Chan films were truly just delightful to read! And as to Rush...T.Y.S.M.for everything! Your article was heartfelt, and I know everyone enjoyed it.

One thing I'll say for next years newsletter (2019) is that there is a undiscovered treasure trove of information in the "Study." There are 181 separate article inside and that is not counting those listed under "Book Reviews," Cast," or "Films." I think the following would be great inclusions for next years newsletter:

- Steve Fredrick's Charlie Chan tour in Honolulu
- Len Freeman's course at University of Minnesota "Charlie Chan & Friends"
- The six Charlie Chans - an article in the study under "miscellaneous"
- Alfred Andriola's nationally syndicated Comic Strip (1938-1942), another "miscellaneous"

Those are just a few thoughts I had. Again, my sincere gratitude to everyone for your inputs. This should be a good way to capture significant events thoughout the year that might eventually fall to the wayside and be forgotten. Especially, those items discussed on the message board that are of significance.

Thanks all, and like you I'm looking forward to another year on the Charlie Chan Family Home website.

Lou