Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hope for Honolulu Chinatown revival via building restoration - Wo Fat

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/12/27/hope-honolulu-chinatown-revival-via-building-restoration/

The above link is a late Christmas present for anyone who's ever visited the Honolulu, Chinatown Iconic Restaurant, "WO FAT." I arrived in HNL in June or 1997 and had the pleasure of dining at this grand dame a few times for dim sum. It was the center of Chinatown in it's hayday...and perhaps will be, again!

Of course, it's name was borrowed for the fictional nemisis of Hawaiian Detective Steve McGarrett, Hawaii 50, in both the old and new series.

My mouth is watering, already!

Re: Hope for Honolulu Chinatown revival via building restoration - Wo Fat

Dear Lou,

Thank you for sharing this piece of history! I believe you, Hawaii Steve, and I walked past this landmark a "few" years ago. In fact, I was thinking back the other day to that special Honolulu evening when you "starred" in the reenactment of a scene during a Charlie Chan script reading with James Hong during the Earl Derr Biggers birthday celebration. Not to be forgotten, and THAT needs to be documented somehow!

Take care...and thank you again...for the paired memories!

Sincerely,
Rush