Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Adventures of Charlie Chan Actress, Honor Blackman (***** Galore), passes away.

Honor Blackman (22 August 1925 – 5 April 2020). I never realized it, but before Mrs. Peel (Dianna Riggs), Honor Blackman (who was most recognized as ***** Galore in the Bond film Goldfinger, playing opposite John Steed (Patrick McNee) in The Avengers British TV show (from 1962-1964. Her character on the series, Catherine Gale, was originally written for a man, hence the karate chops, and set the stage for many kick-ass women to follow in television. She & McNee even had a hit song "Kinky Boots" that topped on the British charts (find it on youtube.)

But for our purpose here, she achieves fandom for starring in The New Adventures of Charlie Chan, "The Patient in Room 21" (1957, Season 1, Episode 9.).

Of course, the world will always remember her in this very first scene, as Goldfinger's private pilot. Sean Connery’s Bond sees ***** Galore’s face after waking up from a drugged dart.

“Who are you?”

“My name is ***** Galore,” she responds.

“I must be dreaming,” Bond says. …

Here's a link to her Obit in "The Guardian," she was 94. RIP Mrs. Blackman:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/apr/06/honor-blackman-james-bond-*****-galore-avengers-dies-aged-94?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR0onBRJ_HE24g8Yo9bOvbTjnU-BJltq2tb5dkY0RNSSRFa1NMA2sIagMnU

Re: New Adventures of Charlie Chan Actress, Honor Blackman (***** Galore), passes away.

May she rest in peace...

Re: New Adventures of Charlie Chan Actress, Honor Blackman (***** Galore), passes away.

Sorry to hear the news. She was a favorite Bond girl!