Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OUR CCF MONDAY EVENING CHAT AND FILM VIEWING FOR May 11: “Charlie Chan at Treasure Island”

Treasure Island is a good movie and a lot more fun to watch than Darkness, Cruise or Rio.
Good start with Charlie and Jimmy, atmosphere with Dr. Zodiac and Eves mind reading and so on.

For me it looks, like the role of Rhadinis servant was originally created for Eddie Collins. Don't know the dates of film production and his death.

There are 2 problems:
Its a bit to convenient to find all of Zodiacs secrets and destroying them within three minutes.
The climax scene is nicly done, but is it a trap or what is it? Did the culprit act clever here? If he wanted to kill Charlie he had enough time before.

And why on earth did Charlie need Eve to repeat his thougts? I'm pretty sure we've heard him talk before by himself. Once or twice ... ;-)

I like the movie and its greatest fault is that it is too short (like most Chans ;-)

Re: OUR CCF MONDAY EVENING CHAT AND FILM VIEWING FOR May 11: “Charlie Chan at Treasure Island”

M.H. some good points. I think that Charlie was using Eve because with her "actual" psychic ability to read everyone's thoughts, she could "name" the murderer/Dr. Zodiac. So Charlie...er, um, set her up as bait to draw him out!

Dr. Zodiac/Rhadini, was probably trying to kill her, not Charlie, with that pistol and silence her from "mystically" revealing his true identity. Although probably only circumstantial, it would penetrate his disguise and cause suspicion--he couldn't take that chance.

Lot of hiccups as you mentioned, but a great production.