Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "The Black Camel"

Bob, (of Hogan's Hero fame?) Oh wait, that was Crain :). Here's the correct answer to that beach mystery in the Family Home Site's "STUDY." It's written by Steve Fredrick, who hosted a 2-day Charlie Chan Mystery Weekend (10 years ago), August 19 & 20, 2010.

Scroll though and you'll find which beach: http://www.charliechan.info/id384.html

Aloha, Lou

Welcome, Bob!

Thank you for your very kind thoughts!

The beach you asked about is Kailua Beach, on the other side of the island of Oahu from Honolulu. There are also scenes that were shot on and around Waikiki. If you ever have the opportunity to visit this locale, you will be amazed to note that some of the landmarks seen in "The Black Camel" still await us to this day!

Ironically (as I have long ago ceased to accept "coincidence" when concerning Charlie chan!), we will be viewing "The Black Camel" tomorrow night (Monday). Please see the notice that I just posted above this one at our Message Board, and then please consider being our most honored guest!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Thank you, I will endeavor to do that! I used to go to Kailua to swim at Bellows Beach, which might not be there anymore....

Bob, yes, Bellows Beach is still there. Half is public beach, an the other half is now Bellows Air Force Station: https://www.bellowsafs.com/. DoD and military I.D. card holders (and their guests) can rent cabins there on the private beach. There's also camp site areas, a recreation center with restaurant and beach rental (kayaks, boogie boards, etc.) and a mini golf course and driving range. Pretty awesome get away.

Then it is just the way I remember!

Bob, dense as I am, I realize that you must be Captain Bob from last night! I should have put two and two together, but my math was not a strong point during our Chat! Sorry! I hope that you felt welcome, had some fun, and that you will deign to return!

Sincerely,
Rush

No sweat! I had a nice visit and it is obvious that the whole Chan Clan have known each other and interacted for quite a while.... I will look forward to meeting online again as long as I remember to put it on my calendar.