Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chan actors in completely different roles!

I thought somewhere I read they were doing a remake of the Perry Mason show. Has anyone seen that? Of course kind of hard to replace Raymond Burr! I just watched him last night on TCM in "Rear Window" with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly...awesome!

OK, here's one for ya. What female actress appeared in both a Chan and Holmes movie? :)

Well, I can think of one actress right off the bat! Mary Gordon who played "Mrs. Hudson" in the Rathbone-Bruce SHERLOCK HOLMES films, played a grandmother whose grand-daughter has disappeared in a CHARLIE CHAN film. I'm a bit over-tired and I can't think of the film right now. I KNOW most of you will know which film I'm thinking of! The detective who helps Charlie out - or I should say, pretends to do so - is one of the bad guys!

Leonard, correct! She was starred as Mrs. Hudson in at least 6 Sherlock Holmes episodes and now I see she was in 2 Charlie Chan films, "Shadows Over Chinatown (1946)" and "The Black Camel (1931)". Remarkably, she also starred in "Frankenstein," "Bride of Frankenstein," and "The Invisible Man!" What a career...and what a memory you have :)