Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who was involved in the murder in "Charlie Chan's Secret"?

Dear Rush, you bring up a good point. It does NOT seem at all explained. However, didn't "Fred"(Edward Trevor) say he knew the place well and it was a web of catacombs, or something similar? I think the inference is that he left during the séance, entered the secret room from behind, and let loose Colby's body at the right moment...since he was the murderer.

However, I see your point, what about the hidden lamp and rubbing quinine water on the dead man's face? Did he do that or did Professor Bowen along with setting the false séance music? That would make the Professor an accomplice. Unless we're to believe that "Fred" did that, too?

Perhaps we can cue this till next March and put it in your weekly email? It's will certainly make viewing "Secret" all the more interesting. Lots of disparities there, but still this is one of my favorite Chan films!

T.Y.S.M. Lou

Re: Who was involved in the murder in "Charlie Chan's Secret"?

Dear Lou,

Yes, this will give us something to think about until next year when we share "Charlie Chan's Secret" again! We will all be invited to watch for all clues as to the identity of the person or persons assisting the killer in the plot to eliminate Allen Colby!

Sincerely,
Rush