Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for 20 years ... and 25

Great website, Rush! Congratulations for 20 years. All the best in the future !
Glad to see a lot of folks haven't forgotten Charlie.

If you allow me, I would like to thank Kurt Schmidt ... his site charliechan.net looks orphaned. Can't register on the forum ...
I found Kurt's site in the summer of 1996. The url was something like cjnetworks/~schmidtk
My visit there was an inspiration. After 25 years: Thanks for that !

I knew some films since the early 1980s. It simply was a pleasure.
In 1996 I learned about all the films on the web, bought all the books about the series and eventually made one myself.

We have websites, new dvd boxes, books about Charlie and so much more.
All that just because of six books and some old black and white movies. Almost 100 years old.
A little crazy all that, when you think about it ;-)
Despite its flaws: enjoy !
And tysm to all of you

MLH

Re: Thanks for 20 years ... and 25

Dear MLH,

Thank you for the very kind words. It has been an interesting 'ride" since the advent of Kurt's website, has it not? Books and other material have come out over the years, including the commercially produced DVDs of ALL existing Charlie Chan movies! We certainly recall the days when we needed to rely on the "grey market" in order to obtain the movies, and we were happy to at least have those often blurry, second or third-generation versions...on VHS!

We have faced the controversies of cancelled Charlie Chan film marathons, and the ongoing PC-generated misunderstandings (!) of the character and the actors who have brought him to the screen. But, on we go, persevering in our enjoyment of Charlie Chan and his world that made, in my opinion, a lot more sense with any of its flaws than that of our present era! As you stated: "A little crazy all that, when you think about it."

Take care, and thank you again...so much!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick