Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas

It is so wonderful to see this site again. I used to b a regular film night member may moons ago. My question is although i have seen all the
Chans except the monogram ones and of course the lost Chans, I cant recall if any of the films take place at Christmas holiday season. Thank u

Re: Christmas

Hello, Tracy!

Welcome back! Your recollections are correct, there are no Charlie Chan adventures in film that take place during or relate to the Christmas season. The closest we get is an aphorism from Mr. Chan as heard in "Charlie Chan at the Olympics": "Have never met Santa Claus...yet accept gift from same." And, the Olympics in question were the SUMMER Olympics, so no connection there, either!

Please feel free to join us again soon for one of our Monday Evening Chats, Tracy!

Sincerely,
Rush

Thank u so much for your answer. I was very happy to rediscover this web site again. It is just as warm and welcoming when i first visited

Tracy, while there never was a C.C. Christmas mystery on film, there was one on radio. Read (and listen) all about it here:

https://thepostmanonholiday.com/2020/12/01/the-man-who-murdered-santa-claus-a-charlie-chan-mystery/

Thank you so much,
Lou

Another short Christmas reference in a Chan film occurs in "CC in Monte Carlo". Near the end of the film, the police are questioning Evelyn Gray about her lavish lifestyle with no apparent source of income, and the police Inspector remarks that there are "no Christmas trees in Monte Carlo".

Thank u for your reply. I love listening to old time radio shows