Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan films.

It has been a long time since I posted a message.I have had a rough year.Watching a Charlie Chan film or reading one of the Charlie Chan books helps to pick me up. I can remember watching Charlie Chan films on late night TV when I was young.It was at that time that I also discovered the books. Those memories take me back fourty years. Because of certain issues I cannot join you on Monday nights, but I always watch whatever Charlie Chan film you guys are watching and I love reading the messages.I also enjoy the Charlie Chan comics as well.I enjoyed The Red Dragon. It was a Chan film I had never seen before.It makes me glad to know that other people love Charlie as much as I.

Re: Charlie Chan films.

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing how watching Charlie Chan films AND reading a Charlie Chan mystery by Earl Derr Biggers brings you comfort! Over the years, I can attest to the same thing being true, as Mr. Chan can bring a healthy dose of calm and common sense during these present times when these basics are too often sorely lacking.

I hope that circumstances in your life will allow you to join us again some Monday evening!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

I will look forward to that, and I will continue to enjoy your sight.

I meant to say I will continue to enjoy The House On Punchbowl Hill.I had mistyped in my previous message.

David, I have to admit I'm a sucker for those Sunday Comics myself. They are a true "labor of Love" as Rush physically posts them every weekend (for what...20 years now!)

I like 'em so much, I blogged about them (sorry have to cut-n-paste):
https://thepostmanonholiday.com/2021/11/01/like-the-sunday-funnies-then-youre-in-luck-as-of-yesterday-the-charlie-chan-sunday-comics-are-back/

Lou