Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you ALL so much!

Dear Charlie Chan Family,

After a LOT of work, worry, weariness, and wonder, our new Charlie Chan family Home finally opened! The journey was a lengthy one, beginning in the early Fall of 2020 when it became apparent that a move from our support platform of two decades was in the process of neglect and was phasing out. Other possibilities were looked at, but it was quickly determined that these were far from satisfactory. Then, two angels, Louise and Lou (HonoluLou), both of whom have used WordPress for quite a while (Lou's is the Charlie Chan blog site, "The Postman on Holiday," that we are all probably familiar with by now) came to the rescue! Their expertise and PATIENCE were indispensable, and I will forever be grateful! (You can read about the journey in the just-released 2023 Newsletter, available on our Bulletin Board.)

I also want to thank ALL of our Charlie Chan Family members who have continued to offer encouragement as the process moved forward. The final concern I had was regarding a new Chat Room. Since the loss of ParaChat a few years ago, we have had to settle on a good but not great alternative. In searching for a new alternative, it quickly became apparent that most of what is out there are chat rooms that are geared toward making money or are wide open in the scope of interests where the entire world is literally invited to participate often not in the best interests, shall I say.

So, what was settled on was RumbleTalk. They seem to be the best option. One great point is that they, as a paid service (as was ParaChat) are always available to help out with "issues." Also, as was quickly apparent at last night's first Monday Evening Chat, there are lots of fun things that can be done in the new Chat Room! I love the ease of posting imagery, and, I found that it was a very simple matter to save the text of the Chat for posterity (a click and it was done!).

Mostly, though, I want to offer my deepest THANK YOU SO MUCH to ALL of you for making our first evening in our new surroundings a very happy and successful one! Sure, there may be some glitches to overcome and some new things to get used to, but that will happen, and it will happen FAST as I witnessed last night!

So, Happy New Year to all of you, and..."Thank you ALL, so much!"

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Thank you ALL so much!

HAPPY 2023 to ALL! And CONGRATULATIONS to you Rush for completing this monumental transition.

Lou