Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan" DVD set

Rush,

Good call. Thank you for the intel on the DVD set. As a Chan collector completist I picked up the set when it first became available several years ago. The episodes are kind of interesting if for no other reason than a nostalgic look back to 1970’s Saturday morning cartoons!

I remember watching various episodes when they originally aired on Saturday mornings in the 1970’s. It is somewhat ironic that while watching them (as a younger kid) I found them interesting but not sensational yet only a couple of years later (as a pre teen) I caught a late night airing of Charlie Chan at the Opera and I was hooked on what would be a lifelong passion for Charlie Chan!

Henry

Re: "The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan" DVD set

Henry, I was beyond the age of Saturday Morning cartoons when this series came out, but I vaguely recall catching a couple of viewings. In those days, what else was typically available to watch on Saturday mornings? :)

For a time, "The Chan Clan" was available on YouTube, so we were able to share the episodes as extras from time to time for our Monday nights. Suddenly they seemed to disappear online (perhaps copyright issues), so that practice ended. Maybe we can stir enough interest to get enough of our members to purchase the DVD sets so we can start sharing these again!

There is a section of our site devoted to the Chan Clan cartoons. I find it fascinating to note the number of cultural as well as historical references present in these cartoons!

Thank you...

Sincerely,
Rush