Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Virginia Johnson

Any word on Virginia Johnson? It looks like she hasn't made an appearance on this board since 2014.

Re: Virginia Johnson

Chad, Lou here in Cleveland, Ohio. So sorry to pass on this news, but Virginia passed on last year in May 2021. Here is a link to her obit:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/dfw/name/virginia-johnson-obituary?id=14438775

I didnt' know her well, but she sounded like quite a gal and someone who'd always make you smile. She did write an article for the very first 2018 Charlie Chan Family Home Annual Newsletter. Here is a link to a remembrance by Hawaii Steve in the Message board:

http://pub8.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=609140853&frmid=48&msgid=1008592&cmd=show

Lou

"There are times when words, though meant in kindness, are but salt in the wound"
(Charlie Chan, Keeper of The Keys, 19320

Yes, Virginia was a wonderful person. She was a proud Texan (from Fort Worth) and she exemplified the Texas spirit! During our early years, Virginia and her mother, Becky, would attend our Monday evening Chats together. For a while, we had the ability hold voice chats, and it was a real treat to have mother and daughter joining in as a lively team, livening up our evening!

We first lost Becky. Then, Virginia's living situation changed after her step-father, whom she was caring for, passed away. Virginia no longer had Internet access, so she could no longer attend out Monday Evening Chats or continue to work on her "Movie Mavin" website. I was able to keep in touch with Virginia through periodic telephone conversations. The last time I spoke with her was probably around late April of 2021. Later I called her and her phone was disconnected. I had no way of reaching her after that. The months passed, and it was not until about a year after Virginia's passing that I realized she had left us.

If you delve back in our Message Board archive, you can see just how active she was on our Message Board, always adding her thoughts and information to the ongoing conversations.

Virginia Johnson has been and is sorely missed, and I think of her often.

Sincerely,
Rush

I'm very sorry to hear this. I frequented the message board back around 2022/2023 when I was in college (crazy that was 20 years ago!) - and always found Virginia to be a wonderful person. Thanks for the info.