Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why are there no new Charlie Chan stories available?

Adrian, Rush, I couldn't agree more..."where are the pastiches?" I can only surmise authors are waiting in the wings for ALL six Chan novels to enter the public domain (which will be 2028, but technically January 1st, 2029.)

In the meantime, if you want a similar Chan-style series based in Hawaii I HIGHLY recommend a LILLY WU mystery by Author Juanita Sheridan. There were only 4 books featuring this female detective, beginning with "The Chinese Chop" (1949). Lilly Wu was considered THE FEMALE CHARLIE CHAN by mystery critics and readers. Read about it at my blog:

https://thepostmanonholiday.com/2020/02/01/meet-lily-wu-who-the-female-charlie-chan/

Aloha, Lou

Dear Lou,

Yes, thank you for recommending the Lilly Wu mysteries. Honestly, I am unfamiliar with them, and will definitely search them out!

Good point about the copyright on the original Biggers stories running out fairly soon. That could, indeed, result in a new Charlie Chan story or two!

Sincerely,
Rush

Thank You for the infos given!