Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan at the olympics

Dear Michael,

Thank you for sharing this! I have added a link to this article to our weekly email newsletter as well as to the accompanying weekly post here on the Message Board.

INTERESTING!

Sincerely,
Rush

Herr Ober, das war sehr schoner Artikel! (excuse my 1st grade Deutsche.) A very detailed examination of the film and the Aircraft.

I have google auto-translate and got to tour your site, WUNDERBAR! So you have been blogging about Charlie Chan since 2013 (or 2000?) Either way it is a wonderful site.

Ich war 15 jahre long brieftragger auf der Flugplatz Ramstein. (1979-1988 und 1991-1997)

Vielen Dank (thank you so much),
:sleuth_or_spy:
Lou

Gentlemen (or should I say, Herren?),

Today when I was able to look more closely, I saw that the article is but a part of a very good Charlie Chan website! I added a link to that site on our Bulletin Board.

Sincerely,
Rush

Michael, Thanks for bringing this site to our attention. Rush thank you for adding the link.

One little tid bit, if I may… I like the revelation of an “Easter Egg” where Cartwright is reading “Think Fast Mr. Moto” while traveling on the Hindenburg. However, it isn’t a newspaper he is reading but rather the Saturday Evening Post that had the story serialized therein prior to publication in book form. Much like Bigger’s Chan’s were also serialized in the Saturday Evening Post prior to appearing in book form.

Very cool all around.

Thank you so much,
Henry

Thank you so much for all the kind words about the website.
Great that some have already been to my country (just around the fall of the wall).
That this is the "Saturday Evening Post" is a great clue. I hope Fox did it on purpose and not just by accident ;-)

Michael,

They surely must have done it on purpose. They have done this “Easter egg” “tip of the hat” to other movies they made within other franchises. I cannot remember the other examples specifically but there is a reference to Charlie Chan in Honolulu in a Mr. Moto film. I think the reference is a shot of a theater listing of upcoming shows. Also in Charlie Chan in Reno there is a shot of one of the characters. I believe it is “Tombstone” (Slim Summerville) reading a magazine. The magazine is an issue of Llberty magazine wherein the first installment of the serialized story “Death Makes a Decree” on which Charlie Chan in Reno is based is contained.

Thank you so much,
Henry