Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Taking a chance on another new Charlie Chan novel...

Wow! Charlie Chan novels are dropping out of the sky. Thank you so much for the info, Rush. Fingers & toes are crossed this one is a good read. :pray:

Looks like our dear Charlie Chan is making a comeback. I hope so.

David, I agree! Amidst all of the cultural insanity and darkness today, a bit of a Charlie Chan renaissance would bring a welcomed ray of sunshine!

Also, I should mention: so far so good on the book! Looking promising, and not a typo to be found thus far!

Happy Friday!

Sincerely,
Rush

True Confession, here. I was waiting for Rush to order and read some, before I did. Guess I'll order a copy now. Fingers & Toes crossed.

Lou,

When you read the author's Forward, it becomes pretty apparent that the author wants to produce a story that follows Earl Derr Biggers' lead as well as the films. I am sure that some of our early 21st-century "norms" may creep in, but my hope is that will be kept to a minimum. When I received my copy, I looked at the date on the last pages and it was, I believe, April 23, 2023! Hot off the press, indeed!

Sincerely,
Rush

Well you guys got me all excited.Now I will have to get a copy too.