Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Should our monthly polls continue?

Thank you!

Dear Rush, I have some thoughts on that. Actually, it's a design issue to me. Your site is a plethora of information. But three things that allow a person to interact (kinda/sorta) are:

- The Sunday Comics
- The Monthly Poll, and
- The Message Board.

To me these are kinda like the toys for folks to play with on the site, "Whoopee, Wheeeh, let me vote, give my opinion, or tell someone something on the message board."

I always like to think of a "new reader" who might find the site. So for my Postman site, I put my "Sunday Aphorism (just for fun)" sound byte, right there on the top right; where it's immediately visible. And should they scroll down, there's the big revolving picture block tempting them to click on it and see where it goes.

I think you'd get more interaction on those three areas if they were more prominently displayed--up front--on the site. Perhaps using a side bar, or using a picture link? It might be worth paying a one time fee to the wordpress folks (easy for me to say) to see if they can come up with something.

Anyway, I'm for keeping the monthly poll although I admit to sometimes being remiss in my duties there.

T.Y.S.M. Lou

"Humility only defense against rightful blame."
(Charlie Chan at The Opera, 1936)

Dear Lou,

THANK YOU for the thoughts and suggestions! I had originally thought of doing things similar to what you have mentioned, but I thought that a more streamlined look might be more appealing as opposed to how the old sit may have appeared.

I think you are right, though, and I will actually make a few "tweaks" on our Homepage/Entrance. Hopefully, we can do so without paying out more money, but we shall see!

I loved the very appropriate (for my part) aphorism!

Sincerely,
Rush

HAHA, that aphorism was directed towards myself :sweat_smile:

A double-play on your part! :smile:

We answered another entry on this same topic, and our answers were YES YES YES YES!

Yes, oh yes, yes yes yes, oh oh oh oh oh yes YES YES YES YES!!

We often arrive late to the Poll. Sometimes too late. There are plebescites we missed in 2016 that still rattle in our crania. Among those we'd have voted FOR: Avalanche! Inspector Duff! The old lady (various old ladies)! Marlowe! Churchill! Tetragene!!!! We'd have voted AGAINST Tarnevarro and Hitler. And that loquacious "Texan" in paradise: eeeeew!

Please, spare the Poll!!