Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Charlie Chan's Luxury Cruise" (It's a YES)

Dear Lou,

Of course! Remember...we are Charlie Chan FAMILY! :+1:

Sincerely,
Rush

Rush,

Out of sheer curiosity, did you order this books in hardback, paperback or kindle format? I'm thinking ordering it but want to figure out if the quality of printing "rates" a hardcover format and pricing.

Thank you so much,
Henry

Henry, I haven't read the book yet, but I did get my copy of the paperback edition to read.

I must say the book's text is rather "light" and the book cover is rather grainy. That can happen if the author doesn't preorder an actual printed copy to review in hand.

Copies of manuscripts that one views online, or on a computer, may look fine. But it's always best to order a hard copy to see what the end result will look like. I'm guessing the author designed the covers and I don't believe the book was professionally reviewed (i.e. new chapters should never start on a left-hand side page, professionally at least, etc.).

However, with that said reading Rush's review it sounds like a good read and I'm anxious to open it and dig in.