Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: September 2023 Poll is now OPEN!

Rush and Lou,

Other than Charlie Chan Returns, I've not read any other stories outside of the Biggers' Canon.

With regard to "Returns", my recollection is that I wasn't really impressed with it. Much like I wasn't impressed with the post Ian Fleming James Bond stories. The authors, in either case gave it a yeoman's try but the characterizations of Chan and Bond seemed over the top, as if the authors tried to make each an hyper exaggerated version of their former literary selves. I may have to go back and re-read it and update my thoughts on it.

I do have all three of the Whitman "Big Little" and "Better Little" books. I have not read them as mine are in collectible condition and as such those books are not for reading. I do recognize the irony in that.:joy: Having said that they are essentially comic books illustrated by Alfred Andriola (sp?) who did the regular newspaper comic strips. Have not looked at them in a while but I'll pull them out of the vault :joy: and report back any interesting info or tidbits.

Thank you so much,
Henry