Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Extras" time

Thank you, Lou. Good food for thought.

Sincerely,
Rush

I don't always have the time, and I'm not always interested in the particular extras, but some of them have been great. I guess keeping them is up to you, Rush, and whether that's extra work you don't need, or something you feel strongly about keeping. I for one would favor keeping them; not all of us find the same things of interest, but it's nice to have the option. I'll miss this week's session altogether as I have a reunion to go to Monday evening, but will be back next week. I should take the opportunity here to thank you. The Monday night gatherings provided a very needed and appreciated social outlet for a very lonely, isolated old man during the pandemic. :heart:

Thank you, Tenman! I am happy that our Mondays have been a good thing for you, and as with Lou, your thoughts are much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Rush

PS - I'm not young, either! :)

Rush.

Posting late to this subject however... Completely your call if you want to continue or discontinue starting the Monday night festivities early to provide time for people to view the "extras" and discuss them. However, even if you discontinue the early start time, please continue to provide a description of the extras and the link(s) thereto as part of a given Monday's offerings. In my humble opinion, these "extras" are a valuable addition to our collective knowledge of all things Chan and certainly of the time period. A sampling of the "extras" from the past several weeks should prove my point. From the trailer for "Charlie Chan Carries On" to the film of the Olands' trip to China to the film preservation "shorts", our collective knowledge is enhanced greatly by having access to these. So, again, even if consensus indicates not to allocate extra time for viewing and chatting about the "extras" prior to the start of the main event, please at least list, describe and post a link to them as part of the overall description of the Monday night watching event.

TYSM,
Henry