Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hope for Chan Fans?

Dear Mark,

Thank you for reposting, and thank you for your interest in Charlie Chan!

Yes, somewhere in this big world one or more of the four presently "lost" Charlie Chan films could miraculously turn up, just as that Clara Bow movie did amongst that literal pile of canned films destined for who-knows-what! In watching the video, and seeing all that was stacked in what appeared to have been at least a dozen groupings in that outdoor storage area, I wondered what else there may have been there. What if a Chan film was there and not noticed, as the man who bought only one of the flats of films (for $20!), left the rest to fate!

I have thought that the best possibility of one day having a "lost" Charlie Chan movie come to light would be in a former iron curtain country. Those countries were pretty much sealed off first during World War II and then during the communist era until relatively recent times. Perhaps in some closet or storage area or basement or attic somewhere in one of those nations something could turn up. As slim as the chances are...who knows? There is always that glimmer of hope!

Thank you again...so much, Mark!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Hope for Chan Fans?

That was truly inspirational, Mark. And like both you and Rush say...gives us hope! I frequent an auction house near me in Broadview Hts, Ohio and once came upon a stack of about 50 reels. I went through each one of them, but no luck. Thanks for sharing. Lou