Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stolen Cell Phone (3/25/2024)

Steve, you know you posted this on "April Fools," right? I thought I'd mention to others it's not a joke.

To my understanding, it depends what apps you have (had) on the lost phone and if you allowed the internet (i.e. google, AOL, etc.) to save your password. It's something you'd have had to selected. Still, I would change all my banking and other important passwords just to be safe, like: Medicare, banks, email and other logins you used via your phone.

Hope that helps, I'm not an expert by any means. Lou

Re: Stolen Cell Phone (3/25/2024)

Dear Steve,

I agree with Lou on the steps he suggests "just to be safe." Chances are nothing negative (beyond the obvious negative of having your phone stolen) will come of this. If any fraud does occur, I believe you told me that the HPD has tracked the phone to an address, so those responsible could in that way be caught. I am still somewhat surprised that the police cannot retrieve your old phone for you from the address they have, at the very least to save you from any worries of potential fraud.

I am sorry that this happened to you...

Sincerely,
Rush