Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our new Message Board format

I love the new message board but adore that picture of The Chan Family.
Maybe they're about to go on vacation!
Virginia

Looks great Rush! Thank you so much - yet again.

Gary

P.S. Thanks for the pictures you sent me. They were wonderful and it makes me very, very happy for you and Mrs. Glick!

Re: Re: Our new Message Board format

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words!

About two months ago, something started to go wrong with our old Message Board, as well as the Monthly Poll, both hosted by Freewebware. First, whenever quotation marks were used, slashes (///) appeared in their place in the posted text. Then, I found that it was not possible any longer to edit or delete posts. Fortunately, we received nothing offensive during that time, but, some of you may have noted a person who placed a "learn-about-your-family-tree" message on our board.

A couple of days ago, Virginia mentioned a problem she was having with our humble Board. Yours Truly tested it, and all seemed no worse than before. However, yesterday, when trying to access "same" the result was an error message. This happened throughout the entire day, so, last evening I decided that enough was enough, and, I suppose that this is further proof of the adage of one getting what one pays (or doesn't pay) for!

Bravenet seems to be a reliable host for our new Board, and, for a modest yearly fee, it is my hope that they will continue to be so. The main concern is that we continue to have our "quiet forum" available to both ourselves and our guests.

Again, thank you, everyone (and, thank you, Gary for the kind added thoughts)...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Our new Message Board format

the new message board is great love the pic of the chan clan only thing missing is my black hook logo bummer see you all on monday

Re: Re: Re: Our new Message Board format

RUSH: As usual you have out done yourself...
The New Message Board Format is FABULOUS !
THANK YOU SO MUCH...Auntie

Re: Re: Our new Message Board format

TESTING 1, 2, 3, 19+ YEARS AGO.

For grins an giggles, I went to the very last page (36) of the message board, to the oldest post there (April 22, 2004) and thought I'd see if the "Notify me by email..." thingamabobber still works that far back.

Not sure who from this Message Board trail is still around (Rush, SteveO, Mrs. Pendleton, Mary Ann, Virginia Johnson (RIP), Gary, Stew, Aunt Ling, & Maurilius.) However, it would be fun to see if those who signed up for notifications still get an email from Bravenet Member Service, Subject: BRAVENET SERVICE NOTIFICATION.

Fingers & Toes crossed. Lou

"Top Ten, No, Make That Seven, Reasons I Like Rush's New Message Board":

7. If Rush likes it, I like it. He's the guy who makes it happen.

6. Old board; needed new coat paint.

5. Picture is fun, makes it impossible to forget which board you're on.

4. Old board; too many splinters.

3. Former format too hard to read because of composition. New board cleaner layout.

2. Old board; a knothole right by urinals in men's room.

And the Number One reason I Like the New Board:

1. New board works MUCH QUICKER!

Maurelius

Testing. Thought I'd see if anyone gets this reply sent to the first post (I believe) 19 years ago! Lou