Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DVD's available from where?

Does anyone know of a website where I can purchase the complete collection of Charlie Chan Movies on DVD?
I'm sure these would be transfers, but I'm looking for decent quality ones. Any help would be appreciated
John

Re: DVD's available from where?

Dear John,

If you take a look at our "Charlie Chan Links" at this site, and then scroll down that page to "Charlie Chan Movies," you will find a number of sources who would have Chan on DVD. The best deal that I have foiund thus far comes courtesy of Old Time Radio U.K. (http://oldtimeradiouk.playntradeonline.com) where you can purchase the ENTIRE Charlie Chan series (minus the "lost" films, of course, but "Eran Trece," the Spanish language version of the lost "Charlie Chan carries On" and the pre-series "Behind That Curtain" are included) for only $140! This comes to just $3.33 per movie, and the postage - from England - is FREE! There are 42 films compiled three to a disk on 14 disks.

I have found the quality to be very good, overall, easily matching, at least, and in a number of cases, surpassing the quality of Charlie chan movies that I have purchased from other dealers. There have been a couple of flaws, including the darkness of "Shadows Over Chinatown" and a couple of instances of audio difficulties, but these I discount due to the very reasonable price of the set.

I hope that this has been of some help to you, john. if you have any questions regarding what I have said, I will be very happy to answer as best I can. We are not trying to promote an particular seller or sellers here a the Charlie Chan family Home. Rather, out goal is to allow as many persons as possible the opportunity to collect, and thus watch, Charlie chan movies at reasonable prices.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: DVD's available from where?

Hi Rush and Aunti Ling,

Thanks so much for the information about OldTimeradio. I ordered a CC set from them last night. I am thrilled and looking so forward to watching CC. It's been a long time waiting for Rob. I have given up since he stopped his 5.00 Website and one can't e-mail him or get in touch. From the Mystery Board came information that he was still selling movies in February. Ebay has taken him off the site. I don't know if Rob is giving up and just walking away or whether he will honor many of us out there still waiting. It's such a mess. Thanks for the information regarding Charlie. I have waited 30 years for these movies. YES, to the CCMB!! Fondly, Karen V.

Re: DVD's available from where?

You can order the whole set from Doug Palmer at
torysmysterymovies.com. He will e-mail you information regarding all of the films that he has...and he has alot. Doug has all Chans..good quality too. I have ordered from Doug recently. The films came quickly and were very good copies.

I can tell you WHO NOT TO ORDER FROM. Rob Metz at Golden Age Video. He advertises as the best deal on the web...but he does not send the films out. So he's got your $$$$ and you have nothing. Some folks, including myself, have been waiting 8+ months for their films.

Good luck, Aunt Ling