Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Wishes to Rush, Etc.

Rush,
You know how many of us will be sending our thoughts and hearts with you and Marie until you bring "our" # 1 Chan child home safe and sound!
And if the last time was any indication, the next two Monday nights will go great guns--because that's the kind of crowd that you've drawn to the chat room, Rush!
I hope I can live up to Rush's expectations but you all make up the vitality so . . . Mrs. Pendleton did a great job last time with the beverage cart and Aunt Ling does an equally good job "riding shotgun." Riding shotgun might not sound like much, especially to Easterners, but it's an important job, like having an extra pair of eyes!
I would also like to ask if you all might want to think up tidbits to bring and contribute during our next two chats, please do so. I'm fairly sure that I have an introduction from American Movie Classics from some years back (read here: B.C.--Before Commercials!) on Treasure Island. Please e-mail me and let me know if any of you would like me to send it out before that Monday's Chat Room. (Don't worry if you don't recognize the email. This is one of those things that our computer sends out on their email instead of mine. The subject ilne will read about Treasure Island so you'll know.)
Please forgive the long post but . . . once again, Rush, y'all be safe and sound and we can hardly wait to see "Baby Sarah!"
Virginia "I Wish I Could Fill Rush's Shoes Better!" Johnson

Re: Best Wishes to Rush, Etc.

First off, my humble apologies for missing last Monday's chat. Duty called and I had to counsel with a couple that evening.

Rush,

I'd also like to pass along my humblest wishes for you and Mrs. Glick. You know you will have my prayers for a safe journey both to and back from Russia. And of course my prayers will also go out to #1 daughter as well. I'm sure you are both filled with joy and anticipation! I'm excited for you, as are many others here.

Virginia,

I know you will do a great job the next couple of weeks! I hope to be there for both, and I hope that after I get into my new humble home, I can be more regular in attending the chats (but there will always be the potential for "emergency" counseling sessions regardless).

Take care,

Gary

Re: Re: Best Wishes to Rush, Etc.

Dear Virginia and Gary,

Thank you both for the kind thoughts and prayers. As I type this short message, Marie and are are making our final preparations before attempting to catch a few hours of rest before a very big day tomorrow...TODAY, that is!

Our deepest appreciation to you as well as to our extended Charlie Chan Family, who have been a very important part of a very special event in our lives.

Sincerely,
Rush