Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Who Are You?

Dear Rush,
Respectfully Seconded!
Virginia

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who Are You?

Dear Aunt Ling and Virginia,

"Thank you so much," you two, for the wonderful compliment - though greatly undeserved! Your humble servant perhaps more resembles but a moment in Warner Oland's life, when, upon arrival in Honolulu aboard ship with his wife, Edith, he was looking frantically for his suspenders so that he could leave the ship to acknowledge a group of awaiting fans of Charlie Chan. Finally, his honorable wife pointed out that they were hanging on his back!

As the venerable, concise saying goes: "'Nuff said!"

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Who Are You?

Although Im not a fan of the film's I think I would
choose James Bond...He always had the coolest gadgets
got to sip martini's and always got the Good Lookin
Gals to boot....plus it seems like he blew up alot of stuff as well...LOL

mike b.

Re: Who Are You?

If spies are allowed, I am vacillating between #6 from The Prisoner and Flint from In Like Flint. Both had extraordinary self-presence, which showed in the very way they walked. Flint's misogyny is a problem, but his self-assurance and physical co-ordination might beat #6's. #6 was also extra stoic, and was always even handed with women and went to the limit to help those who needed it.

I think #6 had more of a real influence on my real life (still take cues from his version of holiday-wear in clothing), but come to think of it he's TV, not movies. So, I'll go with Flint, but not the pointy shoes--I'll keep #6's deck shoes.

Correction, please: To lean toward contortionist is duplication of effort. Most comical.

Maurelius