Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan Blog

Chris,
Getting the word out about Charlie is always a great idea but . . . what's a blog?
I've heard something about it but that's the extent of what my poor little brain (I know, what brain?!) knows.
Virginia

Re: Charlie Chan Blog

Dear Chris,

I am in favor of getting the word out regarding Charlie Chan using any means at our disposal!

Your idea sounds very good, although, blushingly, I must admit my gross ignorance of Blogs, even though I have run across the term and the concept many times over the past year or so. I will be very happy to work with you with the design, etc. of the site you describe, although I am not even close to being fluent in the language of HTML, should that be necessary!

Again, a very noble idea, Chris...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Charlie Chan Blog

Well the idea is very simple. It's basically a site where you can create a journal-like atmosphere. Or a diary. Html is not necessary unless we spend money on it. Here's a link to my blog to give you a basic idea of what it looks like.

http://caravan2020.blogspot.com/

They've also recently upgraded the entire site located at:
http://www.blogger.com/start

Take a look at both and let me know.

Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Blog

I did not know "BLOG" either...
Thank you for the 2 BLOG SITES, to check out.
I checked ! That looks interesting Chris..
Thank you, Aunt Ling

Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Blog

Dear Chris,

I looked at both sites given, and I must say that your idea looks VERY do-able! Again, I'm not too sure about how blog sites attract an audience, etc., but, I am for getting started any time you wish. Please tell me what I can do to help with this, and, perhaps you should be our "blog-master."

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Blog

Works for me. I primarily want to see what improvements were made for the free side of Blogger. Most things like "Post a comment", "Post a link", and photos come with the paid side of blogger.

Blogs attract an audience much like any other site. Alot of times people post diary type entries revealing their innermost thoughts and desires or whatever. The difference between a Blog and a standard website is you can post several times a day on a blog. With the Yahoo group, you update as you go but some of us have daily digest rather than individual. Plus you can put the link to the blog and/or your website in your signature. That way whenever you conduct daily business or conversation with people, the links are always there for people to click on. You might recall I have three links in my signature.

Bottom line, more free publicity, the better.

Chris

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Blog

Dear Chris,

Exactly!

Again, my meager skills are at your disposal...

Sincerely,
Rush