Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New CC Chanthology

Sandy,

If you are still reading this thread, I'll throw my two cents in as well.

1) Of course, what everyone has said about Jeffrey is 100% accurate. Definitely a "no-no" for any of us here.

2) There has, unfortunately, been other Chan dvd sellers that haven't panned out well for certain folks either, so be very careful and selective.

3) Like Rush and others, I can vouch for the England sets from Andy. They are, by far, the best deal going. You will pay anywhere from $10 to $20 per movie with most of the other Chan sellers on the internet. Don't get me wrong, some of them are great people (I've dealt with a couple myself), it's just that to the best of my knowledge there is very little difference in the quality they offer versus what Andy in England offers.

As Steve stated, none of them can offer you a great quality product (other than a studio like WB or Fox), so my personal suggestion is to go with the least expensive set you can find. And that is definitely going to be Andy's.

4) As Rush and others have said, I'd strongly encourage everyone to support the CHANTHOLOGY that is coming out. It could mean the difference between more Chans on dvd in the future or none at all in the future!

Gary

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New CC Chanthology

Dear Gary,

Well said, sir! The best recommendation for ANY seller is good old "word of mouth." And I, as have you and others, encourage EVERYONE to consider purchasing the "Charlie Chan Chanthology" set that MGM Home Entertainment will be releasing on July 6.

Sincerely,
Rush