Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: you guys are too kind

(blushing immensely)

Thanks to Rush, Mrs. P and Mike for the very kind words and thoughts. I think the finest people can be found in these parts and I am humbled to be in the presence of such kind people who have a passion for not only Charlie Chan, but for being all around good people. Believe me, after a stressful day at work, it's very refreshing to be able to spend some time with the good people that frequent this community. The truth is, Rush has probably forgotten more the rest of us will ever know about Chan.

It was indeed Howard's book where I read the Bromberg story. I had read in another book "Saturday Afternoon at the Bijou" (well worth looking for) that Leo Carillo (Poncho on the Cisco Kid) and Noah Beery Sr. also did screen tests.

Mike, this book is where I got my Torchy Blane chronology. Each chapter covers a different classic series and provides interesting antedoctal information. I had read about Torchy Blane over 20 years ago but had never seen a Torchy movie until about a year ago. Thanks to TCM, I have them all

Steve