Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: "Charlie Chan Chanthology" at first glance

$39.99 ?!?!? Time to search the couches for loose change!!

Chris

Re: Re: "Charlie Chan Chanthology" at first glance

Dear Mrs. Pendleton,

Now, THAT'S a DEAL!!! Let's pass it along...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: "Charlie Chan Chanthology" at first glance

Received my set a couple of days ago and opened it up and popped one in the DVD player. I too loved the beginning of the DVD and was extremely happy with the quality of the movie. I watched the Jade Mask first. Imagine my surprise when I went to put the DVD back in the box and pick another to watch. I had two (2) copies of "Meeting at Midnight" and no copy of "The Chinese Cat"!!!!!!! Yikes!!! Amazon was excellent about returning and exchanging the set but I had to stop and return them so I haven't seen the rest of them. I just got an e-mail saying that they had shipped my new set today. Returning them was also easy. I just printed a label off their web site and taped it to the box. Postage paid for by Amazon. I am anxiously awaiting the complete set.

I too, Rush was dismayed by the repeated "disclaimer" or announcement stating that these movies were made when times were less politically correct. Like you, I also can live with it pasted on each DVD (and the box!!) if that means that they will be released for our enjoyment.

I am telling everyone I see about the set and encourage everyone to buy one!!!!