Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hawaii Vacation from your living room

Hey Gang,
ever wanted to go to Hawaii but didn't have the money to go? Well look no further than the Travel Channel Website:

Hawaii's Best Beaches

Don't forget your beach towel, suntan lotion, and sunglasses!! (includes audio)

Chris

Re: Hawaii Vacation from your living room

Dear Chris,

I saw this show in its entirety on TV a couple of months ago. It does show some very nice places in Hawaii, but, as the clips viewed through the link (which downloads as I type!) that you provided indicates, often the "landscape" is more about the "beautiful people" who lounge upon it! The segment about Lanikai, very near to where the beach scenes from "THE BLACK CAMEL" were shot, is almost totally about bathing suit models, with the NATURAL beauty of the beach merely serving as an exotic backdrop!

Still, this show does give one a very enticing hint of the beauty of Hawaii's beaches...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Hawaii Vacation from your living room

yeah, I should've know that just from the few seconds I watched when I found the site. But hey, for no plane ticket and hotel reservation, you can't complain too much...you wife on the other hand may though!

Chris