Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Great Chan Poll

For you folks that don't hang around the Charlie Chan Message Board (at www.charliechan.net) that often, the Return of the Great Chan Poll is upon us:

The Great Chan Poll:

Rules:

1. Pick your Top 10 Chan movies of all time; it can be either your favorite films or the ones you consider the best, either way.

2. Place the movies in 1 to 10 order, with number 1 being your favorite/best film and number 10 being your 10th favorite/best Chan film.

3. There can be ties if you wish, such as 2 films being #5...if this happens, then there is no #6, and you start the list again at #7. There can be no more than 10 films total even with ties. Please try to keep ties at a minimum.

4. You must email me your Top Tens at chanpoll@cox.net. I will not accept any polls listed on the website, as this has influenced folks in the past on their own polls.

5. I will run this Poll for two weeks and announce the results on August 4. I will not post any running totals, as this influences people's votes as well, we want your opinion, this is your poll to choose what you want as your favorite Chans.

6. If you have any questions, please contact me at chanpoll@cox.net.

Here is a list of eligible Chan films for you to pick from and have been placed in order of their production, separated by star or change in production group.

Behind That Curtain
Eran Trece

Black Camel
Charlie Chan In London
Charlie Chan In Paris
Charlie Chan in Egypt
Charlie Chan In Shanghai
Charlie Chan's Secret
Charlie Chan at the Circus
Charlie Chan at the Racetrack
Charlie Chan at the Opera
Charlie Chan at the Olympics
Charlie Chan On Broadway
Charlie Chan In Monte Carlo

Charlie Chan In Honolulu
Charlie Chan In Reno
Charlie Chan at Treasure Island
Charlie Chan In City of Darkness
Charlie Chan In Panama
Charlie Chan's Murder Cruise
Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum
Murder Over New York
Dead Men Tell
Charlie Chan In Rio
Castle In The Desert

Charlie Chan In the Secret Service
The Chinese Cat
Black Magic
The Jade Mask
The Scarlet Clue
The Shanghai Cobra
Red Dragon
Dark Alibi
Shadows Over Chinatown
Dangerous Money
The Trap

The Chinese Ring
Docks of New Orleans
The Shanghai Chest
The Golden Eye
The Feathered Serpent
The Sky Dragon

Return of Charlie Chan
Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Dragon Queen

Ok, pick your Top Ten Chan films and email the results to me at Chanpoll@cox.net.

Thanks and have fun.

Re: The Great Chan Poll

Thank goodness for a choice of Ten! I'd hate to limit it to one movie per Actor! I'm working on my list right now.

Chris

Re: Re: The Great Chan Poll

Well, I like the diversity 10 choices gives you, there are currently 40 different movies represented in the Poll, with a record number of 24 films receiving 1st Place votes.

But so far, the only compliant I have received is that I should limit it to 5 films, 10 is too hard to pick. Well, if we limited to five, a lot of good Chan films would not receive votes, as the favorite 3-5 are so strong, they would lower the films represented by 60% or so.

Thanks Chris, take your time, you still have 10 days or so.

Doug